Thursday, July 23, 2009

Saz and I are in western Missouri about 60 miles from the border of Kansas. The hills here just won't give up! Each rise of the terrain seems to reach halfway up to the clouds like a wall. There is a rewarding downhill just as steep on the other side, but all we can think about is the hill that was hiding behind the first, just as steep and just as tall. Where is Kansas?

Hello it is saz (Sarada) Amen Aaron said it these hills make me want to give up but Missouri is not gonna get the best of me. On the positive side the weather has been unreal. No humidity and ranging from 75 to 80 degrees which has been such a blessing. We also had our longest ride yesterday 88 miles!!! Once we hit Kansas we hope to be be doing 100 mile days Colorado here we come I cant wait!!! Sarika I got your request for more blog posts and we will do our best. I think about you all the time especially when it comes to the food you would be so grossed out Aaron and I have already decided that we are going on a juice fast as soon as we get home, if I never see another piece of fried food again it will be too soon. Hopefully it will improve, and thanks to our mom who sends us home made granola and jerky and other yummy things I think we will survive. Well off to our next destination. Bye for now


Hills


Current River


Look, no hands Mom!



Look, one hand Mom!




Missouri state line

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through Sarika. I am one of her co-workers at UCLA. I am thoroughly enjoying your adventure! Keep the posts coming.

    I too have a blog - not as exciting as yours. but check it out if you like at http://appleslices.blogspot.com/

    Looking forward to your next post!
    Kim Stark

    ReplyDelete